Ninja Surfer Poncho


JT was invited to a Ninjago Spinjitsu party this past weekend.
Except for one brief encounter at a Cub Scout Pack Meeting,
I was relatively clueless about this Lego phenomenon.

So I did some research, as I love to do,
and now I know all about Cole, Zane, Kai, Jay and Sensei Wu.
Well, enough to know that Cole - the Earth Ninja - is the team leader
and therefore the most awesome of the group.

birthday gifts this summer, I came up with with this 
rad ninja surfer poncho.


JT was wholly convinced that a towel was a terrible gift.
When we went shopping for black towels he just kept saying,
"Mom! I just want to give him a toy, okay?"
It's already started.
But I assured him this would be so cool.

Needless to say,
he is no longer a doubting JT and he thought it was
super awesome once I added the ninja face.

I asked him what his friend thought of it and he said,
"He really liked it! And another boy said lots
of nice things about how cool it was."
You better believe it!

You can find the tutorial for the surfer poncho HERE
and I've listed a Ninja towel in THE SHOP if 
you don't want to make one yourself.