Something Fishy

RV Resort (site #P37)
Roanoke Rapids, NC

Many towns have some form of public “themed” art and Roanoke Rapids in no exception.  I love it.  There are Bear statues in Cherokee and Pig statues in Lexington NC and the Roanoke Rapids area has Fish.  The Roanoke River Valley claims to be the Striped Bass (Rockfish) Capital kind of like Lexington claims to be the BarBQ Capital of NC.  Here’s a link to some info about the local artwork.  We were able to find 3 of the fish in our routine route between the CG, Mom’s and a few restaurants.  The first one I noticed was at a CCB bank.  Notice the dollar lure in the mouth.
CCB Rockfish Citizen's Community Bank

Another one that I saw was at the best BarBQ restaurant around this area, Ralph’s BBQ.  This place is close to I95 and has been in business since the 1940’s.
Ralph's BBQ Rockfish Ralph's BBQ

The other fish that I clicked on was at the Quality Inn also near I95.  It looks more like a rainbow trout than a rockfish. Winking smile
Quality Inn Rockfish Quality Inn

We’ve enjoyed visiting with my family a lot lately so now we plan to visit with Gin’s folks for a few days.  It has been nice to be able to do this but we plan to go back to the driveway for a couple of weeks to get my final crown (on my tooth, not my head!).  The house has been shown a couple of times but we will not announce any “news breaks” about it.  We know that it will sell some time…

Thanks for dropping by and enjoy each day of your life’s journey by finding beauty in the ordinary.