First Week

Stix n Brix, NC

What have we done during my first few days of retirement?  Relaxed a bit of course.  Gin has spent a few days in the MH changing out the tv so that she can put her game systems in there.  She has a wii, xbox 360, and playstation 3.  She’s also installed a roku box and digital media player.  Yes, this is all Greek to me.  She does like her electronics.  It looks like an electronics fairy threw up in there.  I’ve put my clothes in there and we have an induction cooktop and new set of cookware tucked in there too.

Yet, we haven’t gone anywhere on it.  The main reason is because I’ve been a responsible 50 year old and had my recommended colonoscopy yesterday.  All’s well and I got that out of the way for 10 years.  I have to take a physical for insurance this coming Monday so it’ll probably be Tuesday or Wednesday before we go to the Lake or somewhere.

Gin’s aunt is coming here tomorrow to buy our lawnmower so I spent the day doing yard work.  I also trimmed some shrubs and burned off some debris.  Did I mention that it was 95* and humid with a heat index of 110*?!  I drank lots of water.  The teenager that lives next door will be doing the lawn from now on.  Sure hope we get an offer on the house soon.  Jordan does a really good job of it though.

Thanks for dropping by, and enjoy each day of your life’s journey by finding beauty in the ordinary.