Meet Jennifer Priest of Hydrangea Hippo


I'm thrilled to introduce you to this month's Featured Sponsor!  A maker of fun, colorful, happy things! A master scrapbooker, and mixed media lover, whose creations come straight from the heart!

What is your name (and business name) and where are you from? 
Jennifer Priest of Hydrangea Hippo and I am from Southern California. I currently live in Hesperia, C.A.

Age range? 34

What do you do? When did you start? 
I create with paper and a little of everything! I started crafting as early as I can remember but when I was 9, I started selling my crafts. I started with home decor and jewelry. When I got pregnant with my first child, I started scrapbooking. A few years ago I started working my past crafts into my work and now I consider myself more of a mixed media artist and papercrafter. Drop me in any aisle of the craft store and I will find something to make!

What/Who are you inspired by?
Good design inspires me. I love Pinterest for this reason! I love looking at home decor, fashion, design, typography...all of those things inspire me. 




Where do you create? 
I create in about 1/3 of my house. I have a craft room that has spilled over to my formal living room and dining room. Sometimes I craft in front the TV on a TV tray--watching movies are a great time to do mindless things like make die cuts or cut ribbon. Every Friday, Saturday, Sunday I work in my booth at Crafted at the Port of LA in San Pedro, CA -- its a warehouse filled with market stalls with all kinds of handmade art by artisans and crafters. I spend alot of time there creating in my stall.

Visit Hydrangea Hippo:
110 E. 22nd Street
Booth A120 and A140
San Pedro, CA
Open Fridays 12pm-8pm
Saturdays, Sundays 10am-7pm



If you could teach anywhere in the world where would it be? why? 
I would love to teach at a Mixed Media Event. The attendees are always so accepting of cool new techniques and are ready to try anything and everything. It is exciting when your students bring that infectious enthusiasm in the room--it makes teaching easy and super fun!

Do you collect anything? 
I used to collect Garfield items so I still have about 25 plush Garfields. 



Favorite supplies? 
I love sprays and paints. Any project looks better with a little splatter.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I see myself retired. No, I don't think about my business in 5 years. That is weird. I think about what I want to be doing with my family, which would be taking my daughter to college, being healthier with my hubby (exercising and stuff), maybe camping and traveling, and making science fair projects with my then 4th grader Matthew. Whatever my businesses are doing, they just have to work around that. Maybe it is just that creating will always be a part of my life without question, so I have not even thought about it. It just is always there!



 Favorite websites/blogs/shops...etc? 
I love Pinterest. It is mesmerizing. I am also really into Crafty Pod right now--love the articles and easy feel of the site. And finally, I am into thrifting alot these days - I cannot leave the Habitat for Humanity ReStore without a car full of stuff. I got an amazing vintage couch with solid wood frame for $15 last week!
...............................................................................................

A Big Thank you to Jennifer!

You can also shop Hydrangea Hippo online! Everything from ribbons and trims, beaded flowers, handmade albums, scrapbook kits and so much more!

For class info, events, sales and more, "like" Hydrangea Hippo on Facebook!

Hope you guys enjoyed reading!
xo Jenny