Cake, Art Journaling, and some raindrops



This week has been a bit quiet. My little brother Walt is now working full time at his new job doing HVAC. Some days he spends 9 hours on rooftops in 100+ degrees working on commercial units...let me add that the materials they use are metal and reflective.  He comes home some days looking like he had spent a week in the desert. I'm so so proud of him. He has worked so hard this past year, all while dealing with his medical stuff. He has healed amazingly! And is feeling great. He came home from work the other day, zipped in for about 15 mins and mumbled something about having a boating class to go to. Aaron and I squinched our faces in puzzlement, and then shrugged. Typical Walt. This was earlier this week...he now has a boating license. No boat, but a boating license. He makes me laugh. :)




Aaron and I have been busy working on orders and adding some more of our classic imagery to our die cut collection. One of our all time best selling prints is our classic "coconut layer cake"...and it just shines as a wood diecut! We also added the ever so popular "piece of cake" to the collection.  We really like how they turned out! They are in the shop now.




And here is a peek at a Art Journal spread I've been working on the past 2 nights when we unwind...ohhh about 2 am. (we are mega night owls)  I'm pretty obsessed with "black raindrops" right now...well that's what I call them. I've been pinning all sorts of things on pinterest including these fantastic drop wall hooks from Normann -Copenhagen. I would LOVE a wall of them! :)




What have you been up to? Working on any fun projects? Start an art journal? I'd love to hear all about it! :)

xo Jenny