Oatmeal, raisin, white chocolate, walnut cookies!

Hey kids!
So once again I found myself in the kitchen after 11pm with the urge to bake...thanks to Pinterest! I had just pinned some yummy looking cookie recipes and the rest of the gang was on board for something sweet...even if that meant cookies and milk wouldn't be had till midnight-ish. I knew I had a big big tub of oats and some raisins...only thing..the oats were Quick Cooking oats, which are never what is called for in oatmeal raisin cookie recipes...so what to do? Concoction time!

I did some searching and after finding a few recipes that called for Quick Cooking oats, I set to mixing! I knew I had some white chocolate chips, and some walnuts to throw in...

Here is what I came up with, and they were so so yummy! Chewy and moist, yet nicely browned on the edges. The recipe is a keeper! My brothers couldn't keep their hands out of the cookie jar!

Oatmeal, raisin, white chocolate, walnut cookies

1 1/2 sticks butter softened
1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups of quick cooking oats
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts


Directions:

preheat oven to 350
Cream butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar till smooth.
add egg, then vanilla.
Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
Stir in oats, raisins, white chocolate chips, and walnuts.

Drop tablespoon size balls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 12-15 mins depending on your oven.
Leave on cookie sheet 5 mins before removing to cool on cooling rack.

Enjoy with some cold milk!

xo Jenny