Goodbye Google Friend Connect..

Hey Kids!
Some of you may already know...and for those of you who didn't get the memo, Google Friend Connect will be gone for all non "blogger hosted" blogs starting March 1, 2012. Here is what they had to say...

" Google Friend Connect—Friend Connect allows webmasters to add social features to their sites by embedding a few snippets of code. We’re retiring the service for all non-Blogger sites on March 1, 2012. We encourage affected sites to create a Google+ page and place a Google+ badge on their site so they can bring their community of followers to Google+ and use new features like Circles and Hangouts to keep in touch. " (Source)

Gosh, I am really just so bummed about the way they are forcing all of us to use Google+. I was initially near tears (I kid you not) about a month ago when I found out that Picnik was closing (also thanks to Google). I personally am not impressed with Google+. It has taken all of us years to gather our friends together in one spot, whether it's on our blogs or facebook, or wherever...we've just gotten comfortable and dare I say "experienced" with the way things work, and how we find each other, and how we make sure that others can find us...and now Google goes and purposely throws a wrench into the works...doing whatever they can to inconvenience us enough to switch to their sevice. I don't like this kind of business...it's got that 'hostile takeover' smell to it. Wow, I guess I'm wearing my opinion on my sleeve. Anyway, even if I was down with Google+, I just can't see it all transitioning smoothly.

Well, on much more positive note...I am super excited to share three happy ways for you to continue to follow my blog...and all of your favorite blogs!


First, the brannnnnnd NEW hellocotton.com! Which I am loving!! So easy to navigate! I have already found so many new bloggers to crush on! I highly recommend it! I know it is going to grow into something fabulous!! Join the fun now!


And we also have the growing-in-popularity, bloglovin'.com. Which I've been using a bit, and now I'll be jumping in wholeheartedly!! :)

And lastly... there's following by email! Super easy, and if you are not a fan of blog music or if pages load super slowly for you, then this may be the perfect answer! And being that it's in your email you'll also never miss a blog entry, giveaway, or sale! :)

All three options are there to the right! I hope that you'll continue to follow me. I have soooo many things planned for this blog! :)

Ohh ohh!! And thanks so so much for all of the entries for our Pin It to Win It giveaway!! You still have time!! We'll be choosing a winner Monday! :)

Love you guys to bits!
xo Jenny