Back Home?

Driveway
Clayton, NC

We left Crooked River SP on Saturday and drove about 300 miles to Dillon, SC and pulled in at Bass Lake CG which participates in Passport America.  FHU 50Amp for under $18 ain’t bad.  The sites are quite reasonably sized and there’s a pond on site to soak in a bit of nature.  It’s only drawback is the noise from I95 but it offers a convenient on/off from the Interstate.
Bass Lake RV CG...Dillon SC  Bass Lake RV CG Pond...Dillon SC

After seeing the weather report for Sunday, we decided to stay put one more night since they take the PPA discount for up to 3 nights.  No need to drive in the cold rain if you don’t have to.  We just took advantage of the FHU and washed a couple loads of clothes and vegged out in front of the TV.  We arrived here in the driveway around 1:00 today and Tawanda sure does take a lot more room than Wanda did!  Our neighbors Mark and Kelly came over to check out our new home and we got the same reaction from them as from most other folks…”Wow!”  As I like to say, it’s our home, not a camper.

So I’ve driven Tawanda now for about 700 miles and have gotten quite used to how she handles on the Interstate.  I’ve driven her a few miles in smaller towns while in Florida too.  It’s a much smoother ride than a gas MH so it can be driven further without fatigue.  Gin props her feet up in the co-pilot recliner and relaxes as we drift on down the road.  I did have to make the first stop for fuel while in SC at a FlyingJ.  I went to the “Big Boy” fuel islands and the diesel pumps faster there.  300 bucks flowed in pretty fast.  It will be interesting when it’s time for me to put DEF in since that tank is on the passenger side.  I may have to use a hose from the neighboring island.  As always, I’ll learn as I go.

Thanks for dropping by, and enjoy each day of your life’s journey by finding beauty in the ordinary.