Welcome to Mommy School: A Bad Case of Stripes





Welcome back to Welcome to Mommy School!!!

Did you see I made a cute little banner??

I also made a cute little button if you want to share the

awesomeness that is Welcome to Mommy School with your friends :)









My wonderful friend Jenni said I should have a linky

party each month where you all share fun things

you've done with your kids.

I think that's a RAD idea, so stay tuned . . .



Last week we had some fun with Diary of a Worm.

This week I picked another favorite of mine - A Bad Case of Stripes.







This book is perfect for the beginning of a new school year,

because it reminds us to BE OURSELVES!!!

In this day of cyber bullying, peer pressure, and

relational aggression , kids have so much pressure

to be like everyone else or risk being teased.



A Bad Case of Stripes helps us see outwardly,

what can happen inwardly, when we aren't true to ourselves

and what believe in and stand for.

I think it's an awesome tool for kids, because it makes

feelings concrete and visible.



We made Be Yourself! posters

and they are easy peasy lemon squeezy!



I printed out THIS body shape that I found at First Palette.

It was made for a flip book, so I traced it onto cardstock,

so it would be sturdy and I'd lose the flip book lines.









Then the kids decorated their bodies with things they love

that make them unique and who they are.







I cut out the bodies and mounted them onto another

piece of cardstock that I had decorated with colorful stripes.





We even wore some stripes of our own :)







And had some striped Jell-O!







Other books to explore being yourself:

Chrysanthemum

Hooway for Wodney Wat

Tacky the Penguin

Dancing in the Wings

Stand Tall, Molly Lou Melon

Spoon

Fish is Fish

The Mixed Up Chameleon

Amazing Grace