Freedom

Jordan Lake State Park(Poplar Point CG site E95)
Apex, NC

We’ve made a break for it.  It has taken us 4 days but we’ve gotten Wanda packed up tight and have skipped town for a 3 week trip.  When I told our realtor, she asked “how will I be able to contact you?”  With Gin in charge of electronics, that’s not a problem.  My phone rang just as we were pulling out of the driveway.  An agent wanted to show our house in about an hour.  I of course said ok and then just after getting set up here at one of our favorite spots, I got another call from another agent who wants to show the house tomorrow.  Sure, not a problem.  I guess all we had to do was leave and everybody wants to stroll through.  I’m not complaining.  Our house has shown several times and we’ve gotten some nice feed-back.  It’ll sell.

Wanda has a lot of stuff packed in her so she is heavy, probably a bit too much, but she sure did drive good.  I think the added weight helps actually.  She used to porpoise real bad when we would go over a bump and bottom out, but now it’s not so bad.  We only need to add a few small things and she will be good to go!  We plan to stay in our driveway for a few days before we go to SC in September.  I don’t think we’re actually fulltiming yet though.

It has felt just so perfectly right today.  We are so at ease at this CG.  It’s very wooded so satellite tv can be a challenge, but we have a nice waterfront site with a nice private patio area.  When I was walking Smudge down the road, it hit me…I am RETIRED!!  We can go to a nice quiet CG during the middle of the week anytime we want.  Now that’s freedom!

Thanks for dropping by, and enjoy each day of your life’s journey by finding beauty in the ordinary.