Happy Happy Mother's Day!!!








I just wanted to drop a quick line on this most special day... and wish a big Happy Mother's Day to my mom and Aaron's mom ... we love you both!

We're up late, as always, the only difference is that we're not working right now... I'm actually in the kitchen preparing a mom inspired cake. I mentioned it last post...a most deeeelish pistachio pudding bundt cake that my mom made in my childhood! I'm bringing it over to Barb's (that's Aar's mom)...she's hosting her 2nd annual Mother's Day brunch (yeah, leave it to Barb to be sweatin' and workin' and entertainin' on "her" day...but that's what she loves to do...so bless her!) ....Barb make's this outstanding baked French Toast dish and a whole bunch of other fab stuff...I figured the least I could do was some 3 am baking.

Anyway, the pics above are of some tags I made a couple years ago. The round one was for a "chubby book" and the other was for a tag swap with a dear friend... both feature my mom. The top one actually shows 3 generations. My mom is in the pink party hat, her brother in the blue hat, and that's my grandma and great grandma. I love the pic on the other tag because of those plastic nutcups lined up in front of my mom. I own the exact same nutcups now! And if you look closely, my mom has tiny curlers in her hair!

Alright, I'll be back on here soon with a longer post (I wanna respond to some of your comments about the Bruce sighting!) I just want to wish all of you moms a super Happy Mother's day! (even you mom's who aren't technically mom's...I'm speaking of those of you like me who own pups that closely resemble children!) You've got the most important/thankless job on earth. Eat, drink, and be merry for a day...and then...BACK TO WORK!!!

xoxo, Jenny
For those who would like to try this scrummmmmy cake...super easy!!
PISTACHIO PUDDING CAKE

1 (4 oz. serving) pkg. instant pudding, pistachio flavor
1 pkg. yellow cake mix
1/2 tsp. almond extract
4 eggs
1 1/4 c. water
1/4 c. oil
7 drops green food coloring

Combine all ingredients in a large mixer bowl, blend well; then beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 10 inch tube or Bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly pressed. Remove from pan and cool.

I decided to make a quick glaze instead of powdered sugar...

1/2 cup powdered sugar (sifted)
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 tablespoons of Milk...a few more if needed